Sunday, January 20, 2008

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA





We just returned tonight from a nine-day vacation to Southern California. We did three days at Disneyland, one day at Sea World and spent a few days visiting family, traveling and relaxing (as much as one can relax with at 8-month-old baby). Logan decided that sleeping wasn't on his itinerary this past week, and it made for some very long nights.

Our first day at Disneyland was spent with our friends Johnny and Janel and their daughter Avery. We loved the Jedi Training Academy in Tomorrowland where Celeste and Tori were able to fight off the forces of the dark side. Allison's wheelchair came in handy for the Fantasyland rides that usually have very long lines. And Ed was thrilled to get pictures with Donald Duck and Captain Jack Sparrow. (Yes, I have 5 children!)
The weather was perfect--between 60 and 70 degrees the whole time. The sun felt so good!
We're ready to be home, and Allison is looking forward to getting her casts off in one week.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Cute, Annie! You guys look like you're doing great! Wish we could have shared some of the sun. Here in Nebraska, all we have is a wind chill!!!

Leah said...

Sounds like you had a blast and had a much needed vacation! Ed does luck tickled to be standing by Donald Duck!

Janel said...

It was so fun to see you guys. Let's get plannin' our next trip...Tahoe, here we come :)

Cara said...

No coats, no snow....I'm so jealous that you got to wear short sleeve shirts, play on the beach and of course Disneyland. It looks like so much fun! A much needed break. I think Allison gets her casts off today???? I hope so. I hope that she's all healed up.