Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 1 Post Op

Allison is lying next to me in her hospital bed trying to get some more rest. Her roommate just went down for surgery so we've got the room to ourselves for a bit.

The surgery went great, just as planned. She'll be in walking casts for 6-7 weeks (until early February).

She had a great appetite yesterday evening and ate almost everything she could see: crackers, cereal, vanilla ice cream, more crackers, chocolate ice cream (I had to help her finish it, though). The night was kind of tough between Q1 hour vitals and very involved trips to the potty.

Allison has to pass off a few things before they'll let her go home today. She must wiggle her toes, be able to take her medicine orally, and work with with physical therapy some. I'm hoping we'll be able to leave, but we won't know until later this afternoon. I'm sure missing my baby!

Thanks for everyone's prayers and concern. Hopefully we'll be home soon.

4 comments:

Janel said...

So glad everything went well. Lots of hugs and kisses to Allison!!

Cara said...

That is wonderful! I'm glad she did so well. We'll keep our fingers crossed she comes home today. Way to be on the ball with updating your blog!

Cara said...

I didn't realize I was signed into my gmail....momof4 is Cara=). Just so ya know.

Leah said...

That's great that she's got an appetite! I'm glad she's having a smooth recovery!