Friday, December 21, 2007

Day 2 Post Op





Allison's had a hard couple of days. We were discharged from Shriners about 30 minutes after the storm hit Salt Lake Thursday evening. That plus driving in 5:00 traffic made our trip home from The Avenues take a little over 2 hours.


She was up several times last night. I say several because after 3 times up in one night everything becomes a blur anyway. Thank heaven that Logan was only up once. She's unhappy. She wants her "cast-es" off and she is very angry at her doctors. She told me last night that she "wants to kick theys butts!" I think that's the Valium talking.


So I've discontinued her Valium (prescriped for the muscle spasms) and I think she's feeling more herself. I hope she and I get lots of rest tonight.


I forgot to mention on my last post how amazing everyone at Shriners was to us. Allison needed a new bag to bring home all the goodies she got! Not even Christmas yet and she has a new teddy bear, a Barbie, coloring stuff, a blanket and a Disney Princess Build-A-Bear. I have been so touched by their generosity and kindness.


I'm so grateful for my wonderful neighbors and friends who have brought and sent food and presents for Allison. It's definitely helped keep her occupied until she can get up and around again. We really appreciate everyone's love and concern.

5 comments:

Custer Family said...

She is so sweet (even yelling at us last night) Are prays are with her Courtney & Brooklyne make sure they mention her in their prayers to. If you need anything please call me! No matter what I will help with anything Kids, Pepsi, Dinner, Pepsi, Breakfast, Pepsi (You get the idea right)

Custer Family said...

Sorry about the spelling errors I know how crazy that makes you

Leah said...

She's looks so little in the hospital bed and the wagon! Hopefully the valium is wearing off! Let me know if you need anything!

Cara said...

She does look so cute. My kids & of course myself, have been so concerned about her. We're coming over soon....I just had to make sure we were done with the puking...fun huh. I think it's hilarious the things she was saying. One Dr told me when Trent was on some major drugs and saying some really funny/mean/crazy stuff...this is what your son will be like drunk and on drugs....hhhmmmmm. I'm here for you, day or night. Like Raylene, Pepsi, dinner, chocolate, Pepsi...=-)

Mandy, Maddy's Mom said...

I am a mom of a child born with club feet. I am very curious of other families that have dealt with club feet. Did they do this surgery because of major stiffness in the feet. My daughter is probably going to have that surgery in the near future, but she is only 22 months. We recently found out that she had hip dysplasia, so she has been in a cast for 70 days. Thus unable to use her feet causing her tendons to tighten. I know that you are busy, but if you would like to share your story, I would love to hear (read) it. Our blog is maddysfeet.blogspot.com. Thanks.