Peer Pressure. It's not always a bad thing, and it never ends. In fact you could be a perfectly content, 32-year-old inactive blogger who one day finds herself surrounded by people pushing for the post.
But I facebook! I don't have time to update that AND my blog. And I'm not very blog savvy. Even after a short blog tutorial from my friend, mine still isn't cute and fun. Plus I don't like having to check different blogs for updates. I'm all about efficiency, and FB is definitely my social networking site of choice. It lacks only one thing: Race Reports.
Yes, I'm a runner now. Two half marathons and a dozen shorter races later I am finally comfortable with this title. I still have many things to learn, and writing a race report is one of them. It was Shane who asked. He leads the American Fork Fleet Feet running group and wanted to know how the Canyonlands Half Marathon went last month. He said to write up a race report and he'd include that in next week's email.
A what? I admit, I had to review his blog and reports so I'd know what to include and what was TMI. My report was concise and precise. Mr. Baldwin (high school AP English teacher) would be proud. I didn't include any information about what I ate for breakfast or the status of my bladder/bowel habits. And forget a split time of each mile! My time is nothing to brag about. It sufficeth me to say that the race was good and shared with good friends. I shall probably do it again.
Now another race is on the horizon for this Saturday: Provo City Half Marathon Relay. My friend Rachel and I will each tackle half of 13.1 miles. I'm not making any promises, but I just may blog about my experience there. Thank heaven for positive peer pressure.
10 years ago
2 comments:
Now if I can just get you to say "yes" to drugs, my peer pressure mission will be complete.
Shane
You should blog more...you are a very good writer! Good job!
Post a Comment