
Celeste said the funniest thing tonight. I want this to be my new thing--to blog the funnies because heaven knows I haven't been doing the journal thing lately.
She got some new pink cowboy boots on Saturday. They're absolutely darling. Anyway, she took them off before eating dinner and showed me some red marks where the boots had been rubbing on her legs. "I'm still crackin' in these boots, Mom.
I laughed so hard I couldn't even catch my breath to re-tell Ed what had happened. (He rarely hears anything the first time and I can't help but wonder if it's now just a reflex to conjure a blank stare and interject, "HUH?").
Celeste was embarassed that I laughed at her, so I reminded her that we all get confused about words sometimes. I remember coming home from second grade and telling my parents what I'd learned about the jail at the "tip" of the mountain.
Tip...Point...Cracking...Breaking--same thing, right?
2 comments:
Those boots are ADORABLE! I love that she switched the words around!
I got a great laugh out of both stories(yours and Celeste's). I never get anything out right...and yes, it is just a reflex that the men say, HUH? Sometimes I just give that look at my husband, and he says, oh did you just say "and her repeats what I said", and I'm like ya, you heard me so why exactly did you just say, HUH? BOYS! Keep the funnies coming. With kids, there are usually a bunch. To funny!
Post a Comment